Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tender Coconut Pudding

My mother-in-law makes yummy pudding with tender coconut. I am not a great lover of coconut but this one is really yummy. My daughter likes it so much that I tried to get a good tender coconut from the SuperMarket, but the it didnt turn out to be as good as my MIL's preparation. There was something different about the tender coconut i got from the super market. So next time we visit India, thats one thing she wants to eat. That said, there is no harm in trying it atleast once.

So here is the recipe for the pudding.


China grass - 10 gms( I used the gelatin)
condensed milk -1 small tin
Kernel of 1 tender coconut
Milk - use the same condensed milk c an - 1 1/2 can

sugar - 3 tbsp( add more if you want it more sweet)
Vanila essence - 1 tsp

Wash the china grass and boil it( you can double-boil it, if you like it that way) in 1 cup of water or tender coconut water. Simultaneously boil condensed milk and milk mixture in a sauce pan.
Mix the boiled china grass to the milk. Add the sugar. Turn off the heat and allow it to partially cool.
Grind the tender coconut to a paste and add it to the above mixture.Add vanilla essence and mix well. cool it in the refrigerator.

Blending the mixture will make it more tastier.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

dumma! said...

Tender coconut pudding is my favourite sweet!!!!1
It tastes so goooood!